I also opine on:

Monday, October 20, 2008

An Ode .. to Ash

The irritation of being unable to sleep at 3:00 AM in the morning, knowing you have to get up in another 4-5 hours is nullified by only one thing - when you have company in this predicament.



Why is sleeplessness now a bliss?
Is it because it is as much mine as it is his?

Why do my eyes lose their hazy look at three?
Is it the knowledge that I have company?

Why I do I feel so lucky Suddenly?
Is it the fact that with you I never feel lonely?

Why do I smile while I type this prose?
Is it the certaintly that my life now is blissfully yours?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg dear! You are a pro! Very nice poem esp as all the lines are questions. A beauty!

Archana said...

As niranjan would say, 'Danke'! Night at 3.00 AM, questions are all that roam around in your head!

Nitin said...

u have the answers to ur q's as well... :)

Archana said...

haha! I do indeed.. for most of them anyway!

Archana said...

haha! I do indeed.. for most of them anyway!

Unknown said...

hmmm.... does MIL read your blog as well?
this reminds me of a poem wrote a long time ago, will send it to you whenever i find it.