I also opine on:

Monday, October 5, 2009

Catch

wait a minute Mr.fly!
what are you trying to imply?
don't you believe the promises i make?
do you believe I am that big a fake?

But Mr.lizard, understand me,
I'm the predated, can't you see?
my friends are killed by you everyday,
what more do i need to say?

My reputation precedes me,
I just want to play see?
a simple game of hide-n-seek,
I promise to be polite and very meek.

finally Mr.fly did agree to play,
persuaded by Mr.lizard day after day,
and they played every game under the sun,
oh, it was turning out to be so much fun!

one day they decided to try catch-catch,
Mr.fly was sure to win this match,
for who could overtake him in flying?
but Mr.lizard was all game for trying.

"start" and he spread his wings,
watching happily Mr.lizard starts to sing,
out came his sticky tongue and the fly was caught,
with a shocked oath, he valiantly fought.

"let me go, this was not the deal,
this is cheating, that's what I feel!"
"you stuck your wings in me sir,
it is not my mistake you hear?,

I just wanted to play with you,
but right now I am angry too,
for the trust not bestowed on me,
you have to pay a small fee."

With that he swallowed the fly,
and started chewing with a sad sigh.

5 comments:

Ashwin said...

Back on track from where you left after a 2 month hibernation! Lovelyyyy! This one is delightful, loved the rhyme!

Anonymous said...

I liked this a lot. this one was not just different but extremely imaginative, funny and interesting! the small fee part - engiyo poyitta :-)

Archana said...

Ash!
Looks like you are too after a long break.. an eventful long break shall we say!

Thanks jiju - it was supposed to be creepy and ominous.. ended up coming out like a nursery rhyme! hahahaha!

Kunal Chandra said...

this was really kool!!!

Archana said...

Thanks Kunal!!