I also opine on:

Monday, June 18, 2012

Sodhapals.


The Husband and I finally caught up with the hit tamil movie of 2012, Kadalil Sodhapuvadhu Eppadi? (How to mess up your love life?) yesterday night. (Mini Review: Predominantly a funny film, there are a few "aww" scenes, and all couples, married or otherwise, can identify themselves in it.I think it was intentional, but I could neither understand nor see myself in the female lead. She was incomprehensible, cries at the drop of a hat, demanding, short-tempered (OK, that I can identify with) et al. 


So, after the movie got over, I snuggled up to The Husband, and tried asking in the sweetest voice: "I am not that annoying, am I?"
He: "Umm, Hmm."
Me: " I don't cry much, do I?"
He: (Smiling) No.
Me: (Getting assertive) You are very lucky to have me you know. That's how most girls are. I don't whin......
I would have gone on a rant/self-praise drive, but stopped, for he had grown wide-eyed and was looking at me with wonder. Three years of marriage, and he could still give me THAT look. I smiled blissfully, and was trying to think of a nice mushy line...
When he shouted: GOT IT! AVM!!
Me: Huh?
He: The side-kick. He was my junior in AVM. 


Needless to say, the rest of the night passed in silence.

6 comments:

Ashwin said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Boy oh boy, what a way to become a protagonist in your blog entry :)

Arch said...

He He :) I can totally imagine that look on your face :P

Unknown said...

Hahahaha!
I know those zoned out moments when they are thinking of something and go "uh-hmm, uh-hmm".

Archana said...

@Antbrain: You killed our romance da dei!!

@Arch: It is useless to watch a romantic movie with guys I tell you! Useless!!

@Anupama: There is a scene in the movie where, while having coffee, the girl is thinking about the interiors, the peole, clothing etc and the guy is just humming in his mind. Perfect depiction!! Have you seen the movie?

shyam s said...

I can totally relate to your husband s train of thoughts.....

Archana said...

Shyam S: Of course - he hastily reasssured me that all men are like that!